Become a IP Engineer at Tele2. Because You can.
As an IP Engineer you will be responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining, implementing and changing our IP platforms, so our customers will have an optimal Internet and VPN experience and our network is up to date. You will help us in phasing out legacy and build a future proof network. Of course all our activities need to be done with quality and customer experience in mind. You will be reporting to the Manager Fixed Services Operations.
Because you’re You….
- You will take pride in improving and maintaining our IP network on a daily basis.
- You will prepare and perform network upgrades and changes with a high quality standard and always with the customer in mind.
- You are excited about migrating away from legacy networks to new and future proof networks and technologies.
- You are a good troubleshooter who has the ability to solve issues in our IP network by thinking analytically and seeking information and cooperation, and you make sure issues are solved with as little customer impact as possible.
- You will always look for opportunities where we can improve our way of work or automate or script parts of our daily operations.
- You have no issues with performing changes in the night when needed, and be part of the teams on-call rotation.
These are the people taking on the challenge with You
Barriers prevent people from being their best selves. That’s why it’s our mission to break through these barriers in the telecom industry. Everyone should benefit from a connected life, don’t you agree? The Network department makes this happen. Software changes, customer connections, hosting and security; we’ve got it all covered. Small teams, professionals from around the world, and an impressive challenger quality. How else can we support more than a thousand internal and millions of external users? This is where we make an impact.
Why we need You
Tele2 is a challenging company to work for. We work harder than most. Why? Because our customers deserve to get what they need. That’s why we need people who challenge outdated mindsets. People who think fast and rewrite the rules. Who have a fierce ambition to bring change.
We’ll start getting excited if you have:
- Relevant Bsc/HBO education (e.g. telecomunnications, computer science, electrical engineering, telematics etc.)
- Experience with Cisco and/or Juniper equipment, troubleshooting, configuration, upgrading etc.
- Experience with managing large IP networks
- CCNA/CCNP certification
- Automation and scripting experience
- Result driven and pro-active mentality
- Good cooperation skills within your team and with other teams
- The skill to perform very well under pressure and within an ever changing network
- A solid understanding of network technologies and IP networks especially
- Interest in network architecture and protocols (BGP, QoS, MPLS, Multicast etc.)
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a similar position
Although we might not be a start-up (we do have awesome macchiato’s), we do behave like one. Tele2 is and always will be a challenger. For over twenty years, we have been providing our customers with the service they deserve. And these days we’re on a mission to make a connected life completely carefree. We want to get rid of constraints that prevent people from being their best selves sooner rather than later. That is carefree living as it is meant to be. Because it can be. Are you ready to take on this challenge with us?