Sandoz is looking for a Business Unit Head Specialty.
This position is a member of the Local Leadership Team directly reporting to the Country Head and has the full responsibility of the assigned business unit and related P&L. The business unit has 17 fte of which 6 are direct reports.
He/she manages and continues to develop the overall performance of the Business Unit current and future product portfolio, maximising sales within agreed expense budgets, meeting agreed organisational objectives, through effective leadership of the BU and optimal management of resources.
• Drive the Dutch Specialty Business Unit to reach business objectives
• In-market portfolio: to ensure optimal performance of the existing portfolio despite product maturity and price erosion
• Actively pursue opportunities for specialty businesses in focus (Growth) Franchises (i.e.transplant, respiratory, …)
• Specialty pipeline: prepare and effectively execute the launch of the Business Unit portfolio (i.e. Biosimilar pipeline)
• NVS Mature portfolio: ensure successful transition into Sandoz and improve performance
• Participate to the evaluation of potential new Therapeutical Areas for Specialty
• Closely cooperate with Sandoz HQ and functional global departments in order to align local activities with global strategy.
• Marketing & Sales: design and implement the commercial strategy for the BU portfolio
• X-Divisional collaboration: design and execute successful collaboration with NVS Pharma and Oncology in Immunology and Oncology space
• Support the Market Access manager to design and implement market access strategy for Biosimilars and all specialty products.
• Effective people Management. (target setting, people management, talent management, performance management, etc..)
• Organization & culture: create an inspirational and motivational culture within the BU team. Ensure effective sizing of the team to properly manage business objectives, and right cultural and behavioural fit of new entries
• Other functions: managing all issues related to administration, Human Resources, Legal, Fiscal areas in coordination and with the support of Novartis and/or Sandoz Group Functions.
• In all interactions, external and internal, effectively adhere and promote the highest ethical standards and behaviours, including compliance with all applicable laws, policies and regulations, including new Step Change policies, SP3, XPEND monitoring, NFCM/Compliance & Novartis code of conduct
Financial and Business Results:
• Deliver Annual Sales performance for Specialty BU in accordance to target
• Manage budget to drive investment and be fiscally responsible
• Increase penetration of Specialty products, and SDZ MS within the assigned businesses
• Develop KOL relationships to drive strategy
People, Capabilities, and Management:
• Hire, develop and retain top talent: strong Succession Plan in place
We are looking for:
• Minimum 10 years experiences in sales & marketing areas at local and international levels in the pharma industry, used to interact with Key decision makers, strategic account Management, use to work by influence.
• Successful record of contribution and/or P&L responsibility
• In-depth local market knowledge: fully understanding of country, regional and local dynamics, including regulatory and market environments
• Understanding of product launch and product commercialization processes
• Strong managerial skills
• Exposure to corporate culture.
• Extensive knowledge of code of conduct.
• Competitive salary
• annual bonus
• pension scheme
• health insurance, a mimimum of 25 days annual leave
• flexible working arrangements
• subsidized dining facilities
• employee recognition scheme
Why consider Sandoz?
Our number 1 priority is to pioneer patient access to better healthcare. We are a company of firsts. 1st to develop an oral penicillin antibiotic. 1st to develop and launch biosimilars. 1st to launch an FDA-cleared digital therapeutic. And we never stop asking: how can we continue to pioneer access in an ever-more digital and global world?
The answers come when curious, courageous and collaborative people are empowered to ask new questions, make bold decisions and take smart risks.
Sandoz, a Novartis division, is a leader in generic and biosimilar medicines and a pioneer in digital therapeutics.
Join us, and help reimagine access to medicine.