We are looking for someone who understands how to present large amounts of data in a manner that our customers value and will be willing to pay for. As Business Development Manager (BDM) you will be responsible to commercialize the use of VPS’s data and develop a new business model for our client. VPS has the biggest and unmatched database in the industry (going back to the 1980s!) and is able to help customers save significant amounts of money on fuel purchases and maintenance costs whilst limiting the risk on operational problems at their customers. The BDM will have to work on the following items (amongst others):
- Identify needs that customers want and are willing to pay for
- Deliver (data) products that present the insights in a meaningful way
- Define the business model (subscription vs pay per view)
- Set the pricing of the products
- Find potential partnerships
- Define key value propositions
- Define the future needs in 12-36 months ahead
- Launch and market products with global sales team
The BDM reports to the CFO (in Barendrecht) and will work closely with the Managing Director Americas (based in Houston) who is responsible for selling data products globally. He or she will also work closely with IT and the global sales team. The Job might require (frequent) travel to sales offices and customers around the globe (for example Houston, Singapore, Hamburg, Oslo, Athens and the United Kindom).
VPS is the world leader in fuel testing and inspection. The company has introduced fuel testing for the marine industry in 1981 and has remained market leader since its inception. VPS is present in multiple locations around the world with its labs in all key locations. The company has 270 employees of which 90 in The Netherlands.
Are you analytical, entrepreneurial and data-driven with a commercial mindset? Join VPS and prove your skills as Business Development Manager Data&Analytics!
We ask the following:
- A completed University degree in Business Administration, IT or other relevant field
- At least 5-8 years’ relevant work experience. A consultancy background is an advantage (consultancy exit)
- Demonstrated experience in developing a successful data driven business model
- Strong business sense in a global environment
- Very strong analytical skills
- Strong affinity with IT and Big Data
- Fluent in English and good communication & presentation skills
- Hands-on attitude
- Experience in the Shipping, Oil & Gas, or TIC sector is desired but not required